Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Workin' 9-5




Hello Hard Workin' Ladies!
Its been a challenge to stay comfortable yet appropriate for work. But after browsing both my pre maternity and maternity clothes, I've found a couple outfits that are office chic and easy on my growing figure. A few tips to creating outfits that are business appropriate are to purchase staple pieces i.e. black pencil skirt, white dress shirt,black slacks, belts, khakis, swing jackets, shift dresses, and cute cardigans. These pieces you can mix and match, which saves you money. I have displayed a couple of my work outfits and will upload more soon.

To avoid looking like a sack of potatoes, I accentuate and create a waist. This can be done by buttoning a few buttons on your foxy cardi or by adding a belt just beneath your breast and above your bump. Also when purchasing maternity attire, look for tops and dresses that have an empire waist and create a clear delineation from your breasts and bump.

I purchased both dresses, shirt, and skirt from the thrift store. The swing jacket and belt where apart of my pre maternity wardrobe. The cardigan I purchased from oldnavy.com in their maternity section. What I like about the green striped dress is that is versatile. With the right accessories you can wear it to work or a fun weekend activity.

Check back soon for more outfit ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment