Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reuse and Recycle!

Hey Fashionistas!

Just wanted to pass on a quick bit of advice. The other day I discovered two shirts in my own wardrobe that did not compliment my figure well before I was pregnant. When I tried them on recently, they were perfect! What once made me look like a tent and pregnant now makes me look like a maternity fashion expert. The moral of the story is, reframe items in your wardrobe, give them other uses, and be open to stretching your dollar and wardrobe.

Have a trapeze top?! They look great on your new figure and are incredibly comfortable. Have a dress that seems to be getting shorter and shorter? Pair it with a pair of skinnies or some leggings. Also, most fashion experts will tell you to stay away from your husband's wardrobe, but I believe there are treasures to be found. Fight the urge to wear his sweats and t-shirts but work his oxfords (button ups). Can you imagine how stylish you'll look in his belted oxford, a pair of leggings, layered necklaces, and some sexy pumps?! Fierce!

Also be open to browsing around Wally's World (My baby's nickname for Walmart)and local discount marts (Dollar General, Discount Mart, Lots) for inexpensive tops and dresses. I walked into one the other day and was pleasantly surprised. The discount store had cute maxi dresses for $10 and under! Their great for pregnancy because they cut down on outfit decision time, make you look tres feminine, and it wont matter if it doesn't look as good after a couple washes (just toss it out or add it to your pj pile).

Until next time my dears. Happy Savvy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment