Wednesday, August 25, 2010

All Dolled Up

Hey Regal Mommas!

I guess the world doesn't stop spinning just because your pregnant. There are still formal events and occasions to get all dolled up. During my pregnancy I have been invited to three events that require me to seriously plan what I will wear. I had to get an outfit to two weddings and a tea! Not an easy task considering there is a bump that can not be ignored.

So I did what I usually do, look on the Internet. I ordered a dress from Target and was quite disappointed. The designer was Moody Mammas and I can see being moody in the dress. It was poorly made and was no appropriate for any dress occasion. I didn't feel pretty at all. I sent it back.

I also made an unrelated trip to the thrift store and found a pink and purple cocktail dress. My mom found a tea dress at the thrift store months ago and at the time I couldn't picture an even to wear it to.

The key to being all dolled up is to pay attention to fit, practice in your heels, and go soft with your make-up. The wrong dress can make you look like you have an engorged beer belly. So be open to trying the dress on and give it a spin. Sit down in it, practice poses, and see where it hits with your heels. I wore the pink and purple cocktail dress to a wedding and got compliments. I wore a flower in my hair and minimal jewelry to allow the dress and my new body to take center stage.

Your feet are not what they used to be, so practice in your heels. You may need to take a trip to Paylay (Payless) and get a different size for the occasion. Allow your pregnancy glow be the focus of your make-up. Choose delicate colors and soft lips. Your bump makes you beautiful and you don't need too much to dress it up.

I'll post pictures of both outfits, hope it inspires you! Can't wait till our next chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment