Monday, August 23, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Hey Stunningly Beautiful Moms to Be!

Ok so the last four weeks have been like a mini baby bootcamp for me. I've been sharpening my parental skills and all though its great to train, I must admit I find myself missing just taking care of me. So that got me to thinking, in two months this will be a permanent change and I need a framework adjustment. The short time period was a scary reality.

I was reading in maternity fashion book (Bump It Up), that month seven is time to focus on Mommy. Its a great bit of sound advice. So I began searching for things that would help me take care of me. Then I realized, I already know what makes me happy and feel good. Bubble baths, glamour, trips to the spa, exercise, and a new hair do! So why not indulge now? I wont have to worry about childcare while I pamper myself for a while so I might as well take advantage of this time.

I researched the safety of massage during pregnancy and discovered that as long as you are out of your first trimester and seek out a prenatal massage its safe. I looked at a couple of videos on youtube and liked what I saw. For your comfort you will be instructed to lay on your side. The massage doesn't require you to be completely nude and you can always request a female masseuse. The masseuse will ensure that they are careful to properly and safely relax your body. Some spas have special packages just for expecting moms so get to searching. I'll let you know how my trip goes!

With the ever changing looks and performances, my skin likes to show these days, a facial is a necessity. I make myself give myself a scrub and a mask every Saturday or Sunday. But every once in a while it would be nice to lay back and be pampered. Let the esthetician know that you are expecting and whatever skin changes you have been experiencing. Breath in the relaxing oils and drift away.

So am I the only mom is planning her baby shower outfit over a month in advance? I want to look cute even if I don't feel it. I told my honey that I wanted a new dress and high heeled boots and he looked at me puzzled. I guess I cant expect for a man to understand our desire to feel stylish at every stage of our pregnancy. With the cameras flashing and dozens of eyes staring, I want to feel confident. So I've been shopping my closet and will soon hit up my fave places to shop. I even plan on getting falsies (false eyelashes) for the occasion!

Moral of the story is, indulge now. Shortly you will have a joy that will take up some of your me time. So mission one for this beauty with a bump is to find a spa asap! 'Till next time stay gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment