Monday, August 9, 2010

So Fresh and So Clean

Hello Divas!

Today I want to chat with you about our upkeep and maintenance of this beautiful temple that is preparing to spring fourth life. First I have to start out by confessing about my neglect of my own up keep. The other day I had a doc's appointment and wore a really cute cardi and dress. I felt confident and cute. That was until I looked down at my legs and realized that they looked like the trunks of a 15 year old boy! I couldn't remember the last time I shaved my legs. And whilst I examined my legs, I noticed I had crust on my toes! Oh how embarrassed and unkempt I felt!

So I decided that it was time for a tune up. I was neglecting taking care of my body because of fatigue, attempting to save money, and just plum forgetting to do it! But what I learned is that upkeep is not just for vanity purposes but also serves as hygiene maintenance.

Shaving: I don't know about you, but since I have become pregnant, I realized that I sweat more. I rarely would sweat before but boy can I pour buckets now. Which means that is completely necessary to keep all bodily hair trimmed. Its not a pretty site when you mix sweat and hair. Since pregnant women have hormones gone haywire, we a re prone to yeast infections. All though we can't avoid them completely, we can take steps to keep them at bay. If you're like me, its becoming increasingly challenging to shave as there is a belly that is increasing in size. And for that may I recommend enlisting assistance, shaving outside of the shower with your leg propped on the toilet or a chair, and waxing.

Mani/Pedi: Needed for both upkeep and just a temporary vaca. My nails looked like a garbled mess and my toes...let's not go there. I was nervous about frequenting to nail salon because of the fumes. But after searching my neighborhood, I've found two salons were there is little to no fumes and they have adequate sanitation practices. I feel like a lady now. I try to stick to light colors on my fingernails so that if it begins to chip before I can get another mani, its less noticeable.

Eyebrows: In one word...Bert. You don't want to look like a Sesame Street character! To cut down on cost invest in a good pair of tweezers and pluck stray hairs in between visits to the salon. You don't realize how much your eyebrows play apart in how fantabolous you look and feel and until they haven't been groomed after a long time.

Later Divas!

No comments:

Post a Comment