Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What Other People Think of Me is None of My Business-Rupaul

Hey Curvaceous Mamasitas!

Ok. So since my pregnancy I've gotten mixed reviews on my appearance. I have had some that make me feel on top of the world and others that made me feel down in the dumps. What I've gathered from both is to live like Rupaul said, with complete disregard for people's negative comments and soak up all of the positivity. I've heard " I see you're getting fat" and "I just noticed you were pregnant (and I was 6 1/2 months preggo with a noticeable weight gain)".

Since my weight has always been an emotional and physical roller coaster ride, I promised myself that during my pregnancy I wouldn't pay attention to the scale and focus on my growing baby. But sometimes that's hard to do. So here's my suggestion to you when you noticed that your nose is widening or people say "I thought you may be pregnant but it looked like you were just getting fat", say my body is creating a comfortable space for my child. And if your sweetie can't console that fat feeling, understand that men may not understand that this is still our bodies and we want to feel good. My honey has the distinct way of making me feel sexy with the simplest words. So I've made those words affirmations and suggest that you create some of your own and stand naked in the mirror and marvel at your new curves.

Unfortunately they are a lot of rude people in the world and we have to encounter them. I've even had people comment on the time of year I conceived! The thing that helps me shake off all of the foolishness is to remember that something inside them is unhappy and we all know misery loves company.

So beautiful moms, if you don't hear it today...YOU ARE SOO FLY, SEXY, and GORGEOUS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment