Monday, October 4, 2010

Shower Me

Hello Ladies!
Just wanted to chat a little about your baby shower ensemble. This will take some planning so start early. I purchased my outfit, a dress, from Forever 21's maternity line. I spent less than $30 and was pleased with the fit. I purchased one size up from their line as they run small. Because my chest isn’t as big as most pregnant women's I had to use a safety pin to keep the top closed. So if you have a couple of dollars to spare, I suggest ordering your outfit early and taking it to a seamstress to customize the fit. Most dry cleaners will have a seamstress on staff.

Onto foot jewelry, heels! I love the way they can quickly boost your confidence and make you figure gorgeous. In order for me to pull off this oh so sexy look I had to enact a plan of action. I practiced in my heels around the house. Now a fair warning, if your tootsies are swollen the shoes will be uncomfortable for a little while, but hang in there they do loosen up. As a precautionary measure I wore sandals out of the house and put my heels on once I got to the shower.

Jewelry, hair, and makeup...oh how I love to be a girl! Going minimal on your jewelry allows your face to take center stage. Indulge yourself and take a trip to the hair salon. Allow your tresses to be pampered and just relax. As far as makeup goes, I searched YouTube and found great tutorials. I suggest picking a celebrity or a makeup look you like and seeing if there is a tutorial on it. There are plenty of different interpretations so you'll be sure to find one that compliments your personality, outfit, and the occasion. You can usually use the make-up you already have, but most people post where they purchased their make-up. I found one on Jennifer Lopez's make-up and practiced the look a week before the shower. The trial run really helped as I could see how to better apply it on the day of the shower.

I also saved money by purchasing eye shadow from CVS. Drugstore eye shadow has a tendency to crease so invest in a good shadow base. I used MallyBeauty's eye shadow base on my lids then applied foundation on top. To add an extra layer of defense I used Too Faced's Shadow Insurance. I feel asleep with my make-up on (a big no no!) and the next morning my shadows looked as fresh as before! If you can splurge on a trip to the make-up counter for a professional make-over, go for it! Cameras will be flashing and you want to be sure that you feel confident to take each picture.

Posing. I know that there aren’t many ways a preggo woman can pose without looking large and in charge but I suggest sometime in the mirror before your shower. Try out some poses that you feel most comfortable in. Try some sitting and others standing. You'll notice if your outfit does funny things with different poses. You don’t want to look bunched up if at all possible.

Well trendy mommas, I'll catch up with you later! Stay haute!

No comments:

Post a Comment