Saturday, January 29, 2011

Love That Girl

There is a new show on TV One called Love That Girl, it’s a cute comedy. The title made me reflect on how I now feel about my new body. My reflection and I have had a rocky relationship so far. There are days that I feel like I look good for a woman who had a baby then I see other moms and don’t feel too happy about my appearance. So I'm on a mission to find methods to give the much needed love to the girl looking back at me.

I was introduced to Spanx a few years ago and loved what they had to offer. Spanx is a collection of shapewear that provides hosiery that sucks in all the extra spillage. I ordered three pair of the Tight End Tights. They are great because they are reversible so I'm getting more for my dollar. They are kinda pricey but the investment is well worth it. I wear them with jeans, slacks, and dresses. They’re great in the fall and winter. I also purchased a pair of their Super Shaping Sheer Stockings for the times when I don’t feel like tights.

To add to the cinching I have purchased a new Belly Bandit in a smaller size. It comfortably tightens the stomach area, looks smooth under my shirts, and feels comfortable.

My older brother is training to be a police officer and offered some assistance in my quest to love my midsection. Although I haven’t tried it yet he told me to start a crunches regimen. Haven’t gotten around to it yet but I'll keep you all posted.

Ok so I know I can’t be the only woman who dreads shopping for jeans. For the first few weeks that I and my little were getting to know each other I recycled my maternity pants. But it soon became apparent that some new jeans were a must. Since I was 16 years old, the thought of having to try on countless pairs of jeans was enough to make me shed a tear. It’s hard to find jeans that fit because I have a small waist and big thighs. So you can imagine how happy I was when I discovered a brand that fit my curves like they were tailor made. I was delivered a crushing blow when I ordered the brand and realized that they no longer were the quality material and fit that they once were. I was devastated! Then my hunny calmed me down and assured me that I would find jeans that fit, and I did! Thank to the Levis Outlet at Potomac Mills Mall I have three new pair.

Being introduced to the new reflection has its challenges, like what to do with my pre pregnancy clothes that don’t fit. I summoned up all the courage I had and tried on all of my old clothes. I was pleasantly surprised by what did fit. I didn’t allow myself to feel bad about what didn’t fit; I simply moved them for next season when they will make a recurrence.

When it comes to your clothes finding mission, don’t pay attention or get discourage by the size. Focus on fit.

Well ladies, talk to you later! Don’t forget to tell yourself you’re hot!

1 comment: