Monday, May 28, 2012

She Loves Me She Loves Me Not

Hey Mamas! Its bathing suit season...are you ready? What you ate in winter will show in the summer! I'm on this mission to embrace my new body and have been having a few hiccups along the way. My body and me are in a love hate relationship. I look at my reflection and begin searching my thoughts,asking myself "What do I think is sexy?" "Where did I get the definition of sexy?" "Why do I feel its important to loose weight?" "Is it really for health or to conform to a certain image of beauty?" I have a philosophical debate with my scale every morning. I am obsessed with weighing myself and my mood is effected by the number that stares back at me. I have to consciously tell myself not to compare my body to other moms..and boy is it hard! I have a body loving mantra taped to my bathroom mirror from the Booty Parlor book that I often ignore. I look at old pictures of myself and notice that my stomach was flatter and it saddens me. The sad part is I know how to eat healthy and exercise but its so much harder to do now. I just dont have the motivation I used to have. I start a diet in the morning and by the afternoon I've broken it! I have started to use Slimquick and it has produced results in the past. When I truly watched what I ate and worked out, I lost at least 3-5lbs a week. What I need is an event motivation. Like in 3 months I'll be attending a wedding and the thought of how I'll look in my dress and pictures has got to stop me from snacking on bite size candies and eating fast food. Will you ladies join me and be my body changing partners? If you are interested please post your comments, suggestions, and struggles. Let's help each other out.

No comments:

Post a Comment